Day 11 - I want to be a part of it, NEW YORK, NEW YORK!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New York » Manhattan
December 8th 2009
Published: December 9th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Today was the start of an exciting day, movning from the west (reasonably warm and sunny) to the east (bloody cold and wet) haha. But before that we still had half a day to do whatever we could in LA. We started by talking a drive and a walk down Rodeo drive in Beverly Hills. There is a lot of big houses in this street and down a bit further there is alot of premium brand shops like Tiffany's, Gucci, Dior, and the list goes on and on and on. There were a set of earings in one of the shopfront windows for $5000......you get the idea, This is Beverly Hills afterall. After we were finished with looking at stuff we couldn't afford we drove back to Hollywood to see if the chinese theatre was doing there tours today seeing as when we went yesterday they were closed for a movie premiere. They were open but the first tour wasn't until 1000 and we couldnt wait that long so we had to bypass the tour. But i did get the photo i wanted of Michael Jackson's star on the walk of fame, so i was happy. We had breakfast in Hollywood and then we left to head to Los Angeles, stopping on the way in Santa Monica and Santa Monica Beach. The beach is massive, like half a KM of just sand from foreshore to water. We walked down the famous Santa Monica Pier and had lunch at the restaurant on the pier. Theres is also like a theme park on the pier, its huge. Then we headed to LAX for our flight to New York, New York. It was a quick 4.5 hour flight and it offered amazing views before it got dark. Coming into land at JFK was great, so many lights and highrise buildings. We got out baggage and got in a taxi. Now...with the taxi's no one told me its a flat rate here, so the drivers go as quick as possilbe so they can get as many fare's as possible. Our drive was doing 80m (135km/h) in a 45m (70km/h) zone, but we got to the city really quick. Oh, and he was talking on the phone aswell, lol. Welcome to the fast-paced new york. It was very cold and raining when we got to our apartment which is in a great spot (654 9th Avenue near 46th street). It's a two block walk to Time Sqaure so once we were settled in Ben, Lozz and myself walked to Time Sqaure and got McDonalds in the pouring rain when it was 35F (2C). Looking forward to a big cold wet day tomorrow hahaha.



Damo


Additional photos below
Photos: 27, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

America Holiday - Day 11 008America Holiday - Day 11 008
America Holiday - Day 11 008

Michael Jackson's Star on the walk of fame.


Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 16; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0424s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb