Day 10 - Hollywood had me seeing stars


Advertisement
Published: December 8th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Early this morning we woke up to a massive storm that was passing over San Diego, according to the news they hadn't seen storms like this in 30 years in Southern California, so that was lovely to drive to Los Angeles in. I was fairly tired because we woke up at 6 in the morning so i slept for the first hour or two in the car. We stopped at Laguna Beach for breakfast in a nice little Diner on the beach. The food was great! Then we kept going on to Los Angeles still in this storm that was hitting the coast, what made it better was that it was peak hour traffic in LA when we got there. LOVELY! haha once we got past LA we went onto Hollywood which is where we spent most of the day. You wouldn't believe it but we hopped out of the car which we parked at the Kodak Theatre, we walked out the front onto Hollywood Blvd and what do you know....they were setting up for the movie premiere of Sherlock Holmes. With movies premieres comes movie stars. Robert Downey Jnr was the star on the carpet when we got there so i got a quick snapshot. Once he had left we went and did a guided tour of the Kodak Theatre. For those of you who don't know this is where the Oscars are held. It was great we got to walk up on the stage and backstage and everything, we saw an Oscar statuette and went into the VIP Room. A very good tour! we couldn't go into the Chinese Theatre because of the movie premiere being shown (we're gonna try go in there tomorrow). After the tour we grabbed some lunch and went for a walk down the walk of fame. We saw lots of big name stars star's...John Travolta, Olivia Newton-John, Robin Williams, Nicole Kidman and heaps more. I wanted to get a photo of Michael Jackson's Star but it was covered up the red carpet out the front of the chinese theatre so hopefully i'll see that tomorrow aswell. Once we were done with Hollywood we headed to our accommodation in Beverly Hills. Its a very nice place but we're only here for one night. Tomorrow we're hopefully going back to Hollywood to see the chinese theatre then heading to Santa Monica before we fly over to the east coast and say hello to New York City.
A very good day today, long day tomorrow, 6 hour flight. Off to bed. Speak tomorrow night.


Damo


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement

America Holiday - Day 10 019America Holiday - Day 10 019
America Holiday - Day 10 019

Sherlock Holmes movie poster


Tot: 0.117s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 12; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0682s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb