Day 12 - Madison Sqaure Garden is like the MCG of New York. how could i not go?


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New York » Manhattan
December 9th 2009
Published: December 11th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


America Holiday - Day 12 001America Holiday - Day 12 001America Holiday - Day 12 001

Madison Square Garden
Well today everyone was a bit exhausted from the flight over here. Mums back was really sore, not sure how she hurt it but she had to go have a massage, so Lozz, dad and mum all went Uptown to the massage therapy place. Ben and I walked through midtown to Madison Square Garden to see if we could get some tickets to the Basketball which was being played tonight, which we did. Granny just stayed at home and rested because our apartment is up three flights of stairs so she finds it difficult going up and down all the time. So anyway we all met up back at the apartment once we had all done what we needed to do and the whole afternoon was pretty much spent sleeping and resting, everyone is so tired. That night at around 1830 we went downstairs onto 9th avenue to the italian restaurant which is pretty much right beneath us to grab some tea before we headed off into the night. The food was great! We left about an hour later. Ben, Lozz, Dad and myself all went to the basketball and mum and granny went for a walk through time square and some of the shops. They were home fairly early. It was so much fun at the basketball. It was college basketball but its still pretty big over here. College bands, cheerleaders, the whole bit. it was a great atmosphere. The first game was sort of like a curtain raiser between Georgia and St Johns Universities, Then once that game had finished the 15000 strong crowd rolled in to see Kentucky Vs Conneticut. It was a great game and the crowd get so into it, they were so loud. Kentucky ended up winning by 3 points, awesome game! That concluded our night. Back to the hotel room for some sleep for a big day tomorrow.


Damo


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement

America Holiday - Day 12 006America Holiday - Day 12 006
America Holiday - Day 12 006

walking down 7th avenue
America Holiday - Day 12 008America Holiday - Day 12 008
America Holiday - Day 12 008

9th avenue from apartment window


Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0388s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb