Free Me in New York City


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New York » Manhattan
September 9th 2023
Published: September 3rd 2023
Edit Blog Post

Some great free things to do (per livingoutlau.com):
If you are looking for something different to do in New York City, make sure you check out the New York Public Library. As the second biggest library in the United States and the fourth biggest one in the world, it is surprising that this attraction isn’t more popular.

Located adjacent to Bryant Park on 42nd street of Manhattan, the beaux-arts architecture of the library contrasts starkly with its surroundings. The main study hall looks like the interior of Hogwarts, and for a second, you feel like you have been transported in time.

Admission is free, and it is not difficult to spend 1 to 2 hours walking up and down the corridors and admiring the stunning interior design. Frequently, there will be exhibits inside the New York Public Library. For tourists, it feels more like an exotic museum than an actual library!
I love libraries, so I always visit this library, the Seattle Public LIbrary, and the Bancroft Library on the UC Berkeley campus.
Staten Island? What is that? If this is your first time in New York City, you might have not heard of Staten Island. In fact, Staten Island is the forgotten borough of NYC.

Even though there is not much to do in Staten Island from a touristy point of view, the Staten Island ferry is a way to see the beautiful waterfront of NYC as well as having a closer look at the Statue of Liberty.

In my opinion, the Staten Island ferry is the best place to see the Statue of Liberty. You are not too close and not too far. And you also have the Manhattan skyline as the background for your photos!

What you should not do in New York City is take one of that overpriced Statue of Liberty cruises if you want a good view of the statue! You are too close for a nice photo!

Is it weird to take the Staten Island Ferry? Yes, but it is so worth it. I would consider this activity a top unusual thing to do in NYC as a tourist! Other than flying over the harbor, this is your best view of the city.
But I am saving my money for this tour: KRAMER’S REALITY TOUR FOR SEINFELD FANS Kenny "The Real" Kramer, invites you to join him as he takes you on a theatrical multi-media stage, bus and video tour of New York City to the sites made famous by the world's most popular sitcom. Of course, there will be a stop for soup at that famous soup stand. Every tour hosted by Kenny Kramer who will answer your questions, share backstage information and reveal how many story lines and characters' names came right from real life. Producers Club Theater 358 West 44 Street Saturdays 12 to 3PM Must be at the theater by 11:45.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0256s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb