A Tall Building, Lots of Wind Turbines and A Blue Hole


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New Mexico » Santa Rosa
October 21st 2014
Published: October 21st 2014
Edit Blog Post

First off, let me make a correction to last nights post. Peyton now has 509 touchdown passes not 510. I felt that it was important to mention.



As usual, we got off to a later start than we had planned but still made it to Santa Rosa, NM before 3:00 PM. We are staying in the same Holiday Inn Express hotel and the same room that we stayed in on the trip out. We have the same TV that we had to call the desk attendant to reprogram last time (and this time). I'm sitting in the same telescoping desk chair that slowly lowers so that I'm typing with my hands at about eye level........(Hold on a sec while I raise my chair)...........that's better... and Prudy has to put a wash cloth down the drain hole in the bathtub to keep the water from draining out. But, the pillows and the king size bed are great!



As we passed through Oklahoma City Prudy took a picture of the new Devon Tower, the tallest building in Oklahoma. It is 844' tall and has 50 stories. Still small by New York City standards. (I'm scrambling for something to post here...as you have probably already guessed)



We pulled off the interstate at Vega, NM so I could take a picture of some wind turbines. It just totally amazes me how many, and how fast, these wind turbines are popping up. Every time we make this trip it seems as though several hundred more are occupying the landscape. These things stretch solid for about 30 miles west of Amarillo, TX then there is a short break before they start appearing again. I certainly hope this new technology works or the Jolly Green Giant is going to have a lot of egg beaters.



The big attraction here in Santa Rosa is something called The Blue Hole . It is a popular place for SCUBA training. One of these trips we will have to stop by and see what all the excitement is about. That's about all for now.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.128s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0827s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb