Back Home


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Arizona » Tucson
October 22nd 2014
Published: October 22nd 2014
Edit Blog Post

Arrived home at 4 PM this afternoon. We traveled 3775 miles...and get this...total cost for gasoline was only $284.11!! Of course, it helped that the average price we paid for gas was around $2.85 a gallon. We rented a Hyundai Elantra that averaged 45 mpg for the trip. It was actually about $100.00 cheaper to rent the car and pay for the gas than it would have been to take our pickup and pay for the gas. Not to mention no wear and tear on the pickup and no cost for an oil change afterward.

We had a good time visiting with all of our friends and relatives and hope to see all of them again our next trip. We are going camping for three days at Lake Patagonia on the 31st October and we're really looking forward to that. Around November 11th we are going to Lake Tahoe, CA with my brother John and his wife Fran. After that, nothing for a while, hopefully.

I would like to thank those of you who were brave enough, and kind enough, to suffer through my feeble attempt to make an interesting blog out of miles and miles of nothing but miles and miles. Some of the posts were written after a long days drive, very late at night, and after a Lime-A-Rita (or two). That is usually when my odd sense of humor kicks in. :-)

Stan & Prudy

Advertisement



Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 11; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0317s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb