Atlantic City


Advertisement
Published: July 11th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Busy day today!
(Pics will be added tomorrow - too tired to upload them tonight!)

We started a little late - considering the time we got in last night, we took full advantage of the comfortable beds at our hotel.

Drive down to Atlantic City was nice - less smells this time around, which was a welcome change of pace. Driving over the bridge, it was odd to see all the wind-turbines. I mean, good on them for being ecological...it just looks odd to have 5 turbines, and then a wall of Casinos.

We parked near the Boardwalk, and off we went! It was quite hot today - 34 with the humidity - so we did our best to stay in the shade. We opted to wait for the Piers, and stick to the Casinos for the time being... at least until the sun wasn't quite as strong. (I am stunned I didn't burn...)

Atlantic City really is quite something... has nothing on Vegas, I know, but it's interesting to see that many Casinos, that busy, that close together. It's fun to people watch, although you can't help but wonder when you see little kids running around the casino floor, or when you see someone playing two slot machines at once. Ahem.

In each Casino we played a few dollars, just to say we did. Def loving the Triple Diamond Deluxe... we won $80 on one spin, plus $15 on another. It's a good casino day when you not only breakeven, but make a profit including/despite your meals and parking =P

We did 7 Casinos in all haha: House of Blues, Trump Taj Mahal, Resorts, Bally"s, Wild West (LOVED the decor lol, so western) Caesars and Trump Plaza. Good day spent.

In between the Casinos we, of course, walked along the beach a little bit and set foot in the ocean. We also wandered around the stores... the 99 cent store always amazes me.

Honestly, my highlight was lunch haha. Johnny Rockets - where they sing, dance, and literally serve your fries with a (ketchup) smile.

So, that was Atlantic City! We're off to Washington/Alexandria now.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Big winnerrrrrrBig winnerrrrrr
Big winnerrrrrr

At Resorts Casino
Steel PierSteel Pier
Steel Pier

Amusement park on the boardwalk


Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0479s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1mb