We do the Sin City for the next 4 days


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
May 4th 2011
Published: June 8th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 36.0846, -115.172

1st May - Today Debi and I renew our wedding vows after 36 years of marriage at an Elvis Chapel. We start the morning with a glass of champagne and were picked up by a white Limo and taken to the chapel some 15 minutes east of the strip. It was a great ceremony, Debi looked great and we had lots of fun. We had a special dinner that night at Bobby Flay's restaurant "Mesa".

2nd May - Booked a hop on hop off tour of the strip today had lots of fun (Vegas is one crazy city). After lunch I retrieved the car from the hotel valet and drove it down the strip then returned it to the Airport. Why is it when you return a hire car you can never find a service station? While the Chevy Malibu was no muscle car it served us well on our epic journey of some 2400 miles. We went out again at 7.00pm had a great Italian dinner then went to see the Jersey Boys.......what a great show.

3rd May - Used the tour bus again today to get around to most of the Casino's we missed yesterday, The Pink Flamingo, MGM Grand, New York New York, Circus Circus to name a few. Spent the afternoon at Margarita-Ville and got hammered, what a cool place, we want to live there.

4th May - Debbies birthday today and all she wants to do is Casino hop and have some Chinese for lunch. We find a great restaurant at the Monte Carlo Casino called The Drum then walk next door to ride an elevator up the Eiffel Tower that is and exact replica of the original in Paris only half the size. We do some shopping then head back to our Hotel (The Vedara) as we are absolutely buggered. We have our favorite......Crab and Margaritas for dinner. With one day left we still have not covered the strip.



Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.034s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0149s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1023.8kb