Homeward Bound


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Brisbane
May 7th 2011
Published: June 8th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: -27.4676, 153.028

Today we spend our last day in Las Vegas before flying to LAX then home to Brisbane on a late night flight. We decide to have one last American classic before heading out to the Airport, a burger, a hot dog and a bucket of iced Corona's. It is a hot day and the beers go down well.

We cab it to the Airport and low and behold there are pokies all over the place, one last chance to steal your money before leaving. We board a small United Airline jet and shortly after arrive in Los Angeles. We do some duty free shopping and head to the Alaskin Airlines lounge which is Virgin Australia's partner facility. They have the cheek to charge us $45 a head then only offer lousy snacks and a max of three drinks.

Debi does some face book updates and uploads 45 photos. At least we get some value for our money. I take a picture of the aircraft as it arrives at sunset then we board for our final leg home.

We have a great flight back, clear customs in Sydney with no issues then home to a beautiful day in Brisbane.

It's good to be home! What an adventure and certainly a task not for the faint hearted. We have driven the "Mother Road", a road trip to beat all road trips.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0512s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb