Bright Light City


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
September 28th 2013
Published: October 7th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Tina Writes

Other than a short trip to Paris to get engaged for a few days, this is the first time we have been away since returning from the big trip. It couldn’t come soon enough! So ahead of us (me, Rob and Danny) is a 2 week road trip from Vegas through to San Francisco.





We arrived in Vegas after a very long, crappy flight with BA at about 3.30pm. The sight of The Strip is amazing and you can see it from most places as it’s so big. We got in a taxi and headed to our hotel, Planet Hollywood. Driving passed the likes of New York New York, Excalibur and The Luxor. The size of these hotels is insane. Checked in and after 2 room changes we were upgraded to a cracker of a room overlooking the strip and a half decent view of The Bellagio fountains which go off every 20 minutes or so with a different ‘dance’ to a different song each time. The bathroom was bigger than The Blue Banana. Poor Danny got stuck in a boring standard room on a different floor to us. Each room has its own movie or TV theme. Danny’s room had ‘Space: Above and Beyond’. Most people won’t even remember what that is but I loved it! They had a gun from the series encased in a coffee table. Our room had Hot Shots: Pat Deux with a baseball cap and a bottle of ‘Olde Iraqi Ale’ encased in frames from the movie. Once we settled in we headed straight to the Clark County Court House. Arrested already you ask? Nope, we had to pick up our marriage licence. In and out in about 10 minutes. We noticed Freemont Street was just around the corner so walked along to there. This is old Vegas. The street has been ‘roofed’ so feels like you are inside. The roof is one big giant LCD screen and they do a kinda show on it. Personally I thought it was crap. Cheesy music and irrelevant video. All around us were look-a-likes. The first one I seen was Snoop Dog, so I thought it was him at first but when I asked Danny if it was the real Snoop he told me no, and neither was that the real Mr T or a real Resident Evil soldier standing with him! There were also girls everywhere, nearly naked. We headed back in a taxi to the hotel which had a Bubba Gump Shrimp attached to it. This was Danny’s first Bubba Gump. A special experience, just a shame we were absolutely fooked and couldn’t really eat much. We couldn’t take it anymore and headed to bed at about 9pm!! Lihoo...zahers. What a strange night’s sleep that was.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



8th October 2013

Welcome back...
I was worried that after you cut your last trip short, you might have given up on travel. I'm sure this trip will be great! You are touring my favorite part of my country.
8th October 2013

I'm also on holiday.
Well done guys, I'm sat in my friends room in Brescia reading about someone else's holiday. Francesco wants to go out and have some pizza or something but I just want to read more...

Tot: 0.044s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 26; dbt: 0.018s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb