New years eve- Vegas style


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
December 31st 2012
Published: January 4th 2013
Edit Blog Post

We started the day latish with breakfast downstairs at 9.

Took the free shuttle to the top of the stripand arrived about 11am.Cheeked out the amazing sites as we walked north to south on th. Strip. Treasure Island, Caesars Palace, Belagio and it's cool water show.

We met up with the others at Hard Rock Cafe for lunch at 1. Spent a bit of time in the shop and also had a great look around at all the fantastic memorabilia they have on the walls and cases.

From there we headed over to the Kai, Cirque de Solei show at MGM. Amazing stunts and a stage that does its own tricks as well. Well worth seeing. We were out by a little after 6 and then headed up to Pauls room for them to get some warmer clothes on. We headed back out onto the strip and by now the street has been closed off and no cars were on the strip ! Got to our dinner at The Cafe at the Monte Carlo. The food was awful!!!! I had a creamy pasta that was sickly sweat! Very odd.

From there we headed up the strip to Caesars Palace and had a warming coffee about 1O.30. We struggled up the street and finding somewhere for coffee was challenging.

By now it was a little after 11. We headed back out onto the strip and it had gone a little mad! We battled through the crush out the front of the Belagio where two of the TV networks where live broadcasting out the front in the street. We walked to the southern side of the intersection of the strip and Flamingo Road. We parkeourselves under the bif screen with thecountdown screen. 10, 9,8....3,2,1 Happy New Year!

From there we headed to was the monorail but figured the crush was going to continue in the station so continued to walk home instead, which only added about 15 minutes to our normal monorail/walk home.

In bed by 1 am.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.384s; Tpl: 0.033s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.1389s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb