Big white christmas


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia » Kelowna
December 25th 2012
Published: December 29th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Christmas day. Fog on top of the mountain again, not snowing yet. We did breakfast and then a hour to relax. No skiing planned for today. We exchanged secret Santa gifts between the 9 of us from the two families.
We then headed out for Brunch at Kettle Valley which is under the Happy Valley day lodge and at the bottom of the gondola. A good spread of food with eggs, bacon, waffles, eggs Benedict, crab legs, salads, roast beef and pork. The meal was finished with a great assortment of deserts. We were home by 2 ish. We then had booked a sleigh ride(with snow fall expected given we had come half way around the world to dash thought the snow in a sleigh!) for 3 pm. The boys wanted to have one ski on Christmas day so I grabbed our snow boots In my backpack and we suited up and skied down the Gondola trail and met the others at the bottom. Changed boots and then jumped onboard the sleigh as it started to snow. The sleigh ride was for about an hour and it absolutely puked down the biggest flakes of snow I have ever seen. A wonderful experience. From there we had time to kill so then headed over to the snow tubing area to ride the tubes. It consists of a fabric line rubber tube and sliding down a polished snow/ice slope at 40-60 km/hr. You can join up and make doubles, triples, fours or caterpillars. From there, home for a light meal of yesterdays left over pasta and party pies.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.235s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.054s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb