Las Vegas Strip


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
October 18th 2012
Published: October 19th 2012
Edit Blog Post

As the plane descends into Las Vegas you get the first glimpse of this magnificent city. The state is huge surrounded by a vast dessert. As you get closer to Las Vegas you see the gorgeous mountains that seem to surround the city. In the centre lies the mecca of decadence. The Las Vegas strip.

From the airport you can take a short taxi ride to your hotel. If you are staying near MGM, Mandalay Bay/NY NY, the fare is about $11-13. Many of the hotels also offer free shuttle buses as well.

I stayed at MGM grand. You immediately appreciate the grandeur of each casino. Hotel, casino, restaurants, convention centre, pool, theatre, food court, wedding chapel, spa and of course shops are all found under the roof of the casino.

The strip had changed quite a bit since I was there about 6 years ago. Some casino's are gone and new ones have sprung up like the Aria. The MGM is located across from New York, New York. An overhead bridge makes it easy to get across without worrying about the traffic below. A similar approach to what you find in Japan, Hong Kong and Bangkok.

A must have in Las Vegas is 24/7 book you can find anywhere on the strip. You can check out all the shows and the restaurants listed for the week. To save some money check out the discount ticket counters on the strip. They are legitimate and reputable discounters and can save you loads of cash on shows and buffets. Discounts can be up to 50%!o(MISSING)f prices.

http://www.visitlasvegas.com/


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0408s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb