Shinjuku party central in the heart of Tokyo


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Tokyo » Shinjuku
September 5th 2013
Published: September 6th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Lights of ShinjukuLights of ShinjukuLights of Shinjuku

Main Street
It's a September evening in Toyko. The sun has just set and the humidity hangs in the air.

One of the major hubs in Tokyo, Shinjuku represents an eclectic mix of old, modern, young and classic. In the daytime Shinjuku is bustling with business people, open restaurants and tourists. As one of the arteries of the city, you can transfer from here to other parts of Japan.

To taste the real flavour of this section of town, you have to comes here at night. After hours, office workers cram the narrow alleyways looking for drinks and one of the many Isakayas. The streets are lit with glorious multicoloured neon lights that beacon you to visit. Gamelands are busy with school kids and adults playing the various video games and claw machines hoping to win. For the more adventurous, there are many soap lands (massage parlours) , hostess bars and of course karaoke bars. For the shoppers don't miss the many shoe outlets with the latest styles.

Miss the last train? Not to worry, Shinjuku has many capsule hotels that provide you with a cheap bed to help you get to work the next day. The local Lawson's also sells brand new clean white shirts for a fresh appearance in the office.

A few tips for travellers:

1) Once you arrive in Shinjuku, take the north exit towards lumere department store. Once outside explore the many alley ways to take in all the sights and lights.

2) Visit a pachinko parlour or game land to experience Japanese fun.

3) Try a Japanese style resturant and beer in the summer months. Many resturants have English menus so you can point and click. Even western style Japanese food like Shakey's pizza Xsan be a real treat.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

DoriDori
Dori

One of the many side streets off Shinjuku
Dozo- select what u likeDozo- select what u like
Dozo- select what u like

Food model displays in Tokyo
Karaoke heavenKaraoke heaven
Karaoke heaven

A karaoke fun house


Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0486s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb