Day 2- On the road to Sin City


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
July 2nd 2012
Published: July 3rd 2012
Edit Blog Post

Good Morning Family and Friends,

Thsi posting is a little late, but that two hour time difference surely messes things up. I was so sleepy by 10pm, I didn't know what to do.

We made it to Las Vegas yesterday around 4:30pm(PDT). The ride was long, yet scenic. We saw signs for every possible warning you can have and may that we had never seen before. I had high stress levels at time when I had to drive through the mountains with possible falling rocks and road declines, but we made it!

It's really awesome to see things you've never seen before. When either of us are in the passenger side, we can barely sleep because we don't want to miss anything AND we are the resident photographer in that seat. God knew what he was doing when he created nature. It is such a marvelous wonder.

Vegas of course was lights up and sweat dripping. It's over 100 degrees here and you know it. We dropped off our luggage in the room and hit the streets. The man of the house gave us a gambling strategy and well it has partially worked: If you double it, CASH OUT!! He's so practical. We are not big gamblers, so that is not how we can blow our money. He made $60 with a $1 bet and we haven't been back since. We did discover that we like to casino hop. We've been to Harrahs, the Wynn(our winning ticket), the Venetian, and the Bellagio. Oh so much fun!!! (And no I didn't win much, since I always gave it back. I just like the thrill.)

We are off now to San Diego via more mountains and the Mojave Desert.

Talk to you soon,

The Joneses


Additional photos below
Photos: 44, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Elk? Reindeer? Moose?Elk? Reindeer? Moose?
Elk? Reindeer? Moose?

I called him Grandaddy Deer. IDK


3rd July 2012

I'm on Vacation too!!!
OMG!!! Thanks for sending all of these photo's. They are ABSOLUTELY AWESOMMEEEE.... Photo's 5, 9, and 16 are just what I needed to see. I feel like I am on Vacation too. Can't wait to see more... Continue to Enjoy Everything and Praise God for the Opportunity to see All of His Glorious Earth..Have fun and don't Miss Me too much.. LOLOLOL!!!! Love you both.
3rd July 2012

Beautiful
Vegas looks great. I can't believe you were driving on the road with the possibilty of a avalance. I'm not going to cross this city off my bucket list. You've convinced me that I've got to go there. Love the pictures.

Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0398s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb