Celine, guardian of the van


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
October 27th 2005
Published: November 8th 2005
Edit Blog Post

After packing up camp, we drove into Nevada and on to Las Vegas. After an all-you-can-eat buffet at the Luxor Hotel & Casino (the Pharoah's Pheast!) we spent the rest of the day with one of our new friends, Eleri, (the rest of the group went off on a Vegas limo tour) walking around the ridiculously outlandish entertainments: NY-NY, MGM Grand (with real lions), the new Aladdin (where we saw the items on display from a forthcoming celebrity auction including John Lennon's white suit from the Abbey Road album cover (starting price 150k) and his jacket from the "Imagine" video), the volcano errupting at the Mirage, the Atlantis show at Caesar's Palace which now also has an Elton John shop (you don't want to see the stuff on sale) and, even better as she is in residence at the casino and plays sol-dout shows every night, the Celine Dion shop. We also took in the old casinos - Circus Circus (Diamonds are Forever) and the Riveria where we had stayed last time we were in town 4 or 5 years ago. Finally, we had 99c Margaritas at Wayward Ho (where Tim dropped a massive 35c on the nickel slot machines!), saw some of the Treasure Island pirate show, and got lost in the Venetian. We met back up with the group at the Bellagio in time to spend the rest of the night partying in the pool and outdoor hot tub back at the "Super 8 motel and casino"! Vegas baby, yeah!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.153s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 15; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0759s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb