What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
August 8th 2007
Published: August 18th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Grand CanyonGrand CanyonGrand Canyon

The Colorado River running through!!
...but what if it don't!!

So i jumped on my bus and I went to Vegas. The lady sitting next to me was lovely and gave me a where's hot and where's not of Vegas. This came in useful. Arrving early evening i was like a kid at Disney Land except a grown up Disney land. I met a fellow Brit on the bus who was staying at the same hotel as me. So after checking in and enjoying the fact i have a king size bed, tv, couch and bath we hit the strip.

The strip is like 5 miles long and even at night it is baking. Well it is a desert. Anyway by the time we got out the lights were coming on. It was magical... or as some people say tacky!! The casino are massive and 13 of the main ones on the strip are owned by the same company. The light shows are cool as are the jets of water used to cool you down. We watched the roller coaster go round New York New York and people in the Gondolas at 'The Venetian'

Now originally I was in Vegas for 2 night but due to changes and miscommunications I extended to 4 nights. (So that's where all my moneys gone) This was also so i can go and visit that little place called the grand canyon. Which i did a few days later when i was up at the crack of dawn to go the west rim (or the west side of the south rim) This is the home of the recently opened skywalk, which yes, i was going to walk round.

On the way we stopped at Hoover Dam. Yet another piece of genius created in the depression era. It is actually massive the design behind it is incredible. (we had a DVD presentation on the tour)

Once actually hitting the grand canyon the views were awesome. This is highlighted when a helicopter flies through it and you get a concept of the size. The skywalk is nothing special. I don't think you need to walk out futher to admire the view. It is cool to look down though. That is unless you are one of the ones clinging to the edge like at an ice rink (mum)

Back in Vegas I appreciated my list of free activites you can do, so i saw the white tiger at 'The Mirage' and the lions at the 'MGM' They are awesomw creatures it's just a shame they live in this environment.

I also enjoyed the dancing fountains at the Bellagio even if the one i recorded was Celine 'Bloody' Dion and the Barry Manilow concert was absolutely fantastic... only joking bout the last bit.

So for 4 days i lived the dream. The house didn't beat me, but i still spent too much money!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0322s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb