Day 5 - Las Vegas


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
May 29th 2007
Published: May 29th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hmmmm, well, it was a late start to the day after the big girls night out last night, so we weren't up and about until 12. We were supposed to meet up with J&J, but they were stuck in an information session on buying a condo in vegas. This was so they could get free tickets for them and cheap tickets for us to the Fantasy girlie show we were planning to see the following night (the sacrifices they make for us!).

S&D and Toni and I headed down to Caesars Palace to check out the fountains and moving statues. They also happened to have a Jimmy Choo shoe shop, where I found the most divine pair of shoes for $590 and a matching bag. I didn't buy them, more's the pity! Still, it was tempting...

We finally met up with J&J after their info session (which went two hours overtime, this show had better be good!). Before we left Ceasars, we went to the toy shop where the big piano from the movie 'Big' is and as usual, acted like big kids and played around on it. So much fun, especially when John and I dragged Dean by his feet along the keys. We also checked out the collector barbie dolls and other collector dolls, including Wizard of Oz characters and old style hollywood dolls. So gorgeous. You would not let your kids place with these dolls.

We then headed on to the Mirage to see the white tigers. I think I've seen more animals in vegas than anywhere else I've been! From there we went to Treasure Island for the 'Sirens' pirate show, which runs every hour on the hour at night. Most of the themed casinos have similar attractions and they just put them on for free mostly, so you can just wander about, checking out the different attractions.

Our last stop of the day was the Venetian, which is absolutely amazing. So totally like Venice, with canals running through the casino and little bridges and streets with little shops. So gorgeous. You can even go on a gondola ride! By this time it was getting late, so J&J and Toni and I headed back to the hotel, while S&D went to check out Paris hotel and the Eiffel tower.

A few thoughts:

Anyone who has read Sarah's blog will have read that she's said that Americans can be rude.... well, she is right. For the most part, they are rude and just don't give a shit. Apparently customer service is an unknown custom! NY is supposed to be even worse, so something to look forward to.

Vegas is HOT!!! About 35 degrees so far, most days, which is pretty intense. What makes it worse is that the casinos are FREEZING, so going from one to another is pretty bad!!

The serving sizes of food really are huge and although Toni and I keep saying we'll have to share, so far we've only managed to remember to once! its cheap too, which makes it even more amazing how big the sizes are.

I suck at gambling, which is ok, given I'm not really a fan of it!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

The giant pianoThe giant piano
The giant piano

John and I dragging Dean
Me on the sheepMe on the sheep
Me on the sheep

I'm laughing because once on the damn thing, I couldn't get off!


1st June 2007

Rude Americans
Hi, I'm having a lot of fun reading your blog. My family and I go to Vegas once a year for about 7 days, next visit will be in July. If you think its hot now.... and then there is a girls trip later in the year. Anyway, just wanted to let you know that all American's aren't rude. I'm not : - ).

Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0236s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb