Day 3 & 4 - Las Vegas


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
May 27th 2007
Published: May 27th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Tiffany & CoTiffany & CoTiffany & Co

Sarah and I with our purchases
Day 3, Sunday 27 May

Today was our last day at the Bellagio, so we made the most of our time by slacking off in the room mostly, until check out time at 12. Then we walked down to our next hotel, with our packs (bloody hell that was a long walk and in pretty intense heat) and checked into our new hotel, the Excalibur.

Afternoon was fairly quiet until J&J and S&D arrived and we headed down to the Mandalay to check out Shark Reef, which is a bit like Sydney Aquarium, but smaller. Pretty cool though, to have a whole aquarium inside a hotel, but then, not much is surprising me in Vegas anymore. Anything goes, pretty much!!!

We then all trooped off to Luxor to explore a bit. Luxor is amazing, built like one of the pyramids in Egypt, with the Sphinx and Egyptian statues and writings on the outside. They really have gone to so much trouble with all the hotels over here, the attention to detail is great and makes the experience of Vegas a unique one!

Day 4, Monday 28 May

Today I got to live out a
Tiffany purchaseTiffany purchaseTiffany purchase

my little blue boxes!
dream that I've had ever since I saw Breakfast at Tiffany's, with Audrey Hepburn. Although it wasn't the New York Tiffany & Co (I'll go there as well on this trip!), I did get to go to the Tiffany & co at Bellagio with Sarah and Toni.

Ah, nothing bad can ever happen in a place like Tiffany & Co!!!! LOL, as sad as it is, I love it! Anyway, Sarah bought a silver tiffany necklace and I bought myself a silver tiffany bracelet with a heart tiffany pendant. Its so pretty and shiny!

Hmmm, enough of that! After our purchases, we headed back to Excalibur to meet up with J&J and Dean, but we could only find Dean, so we headed off to check out the Lions at MGM. so gorgeous and they even had a couple of cubs on display, which were so cute.
We then had lunch at a really cool cafe, called the Rainforest cafe, which was totally set up like a rainforest, with trees and vines covering the walls and ceiling, with movings animals and lights and sound that changed to make it sound like there was a storm, marine aquariums with fish
Baby tigersBaby tigersBaby tigers

the baby tigers at MGM
and so much more. Again, the attention to detail is all so amazing, its hard to describe to any great effect.

After this Sarah, Toni and I headed back to the hotel for some pampering at the hotel spa, before getting ready to head out to dinner with Dean, at the Tournament of Kings, a dinner show set in medievil times, with jousting and horse riding and acrobatics, etc etc.

After this we finally met up with J&J and us girls headed out for a girls night. Our first stop was the daiquirie bar outside the Coyote ugly bar inside NYNY. for $20 we got huge football shaped drinks full of slushy ice alcoholic drinks. It was only ever going to end badly!! LOL However having said that, we were fairly well behaved and only managed to make a little bit of noise coming back to the hotel, which considering vegas never really sleeps, wasn't much of a problem... really!!! We also went to the Bar at Times Square, which had duelling pianos, which was a lot of fun and while there, we indulged in a few shots of cowboys. Hey, when in vegas!!

Bed around 4am... ready to face day 5 in just a few short hours...


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

The girlsThe girls
The girls

Sarah, Jen, Toni and I at the start of our girls night out


1st June 2007

Woo Hoo
OMG i remember rainforest cafe - we went there for dinner when we were in vegas omg that was like 9 years ago now!! wow how exciting!!
2nd June 2007

Tiffany's
Can't wait to see what you bought me and Eisy. I understand that you didn't want to mention it in your blog, don't want to upset the others

Tot: 0.148s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 51; dbt: 0.1105s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb