Viva Las Vegas!!!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
January 9th 2007
Published: January 19th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Talking about big...???
Well, Las Vegas has blown us away....WOW! Just like you see it on the tele, casinos and lights extravaganza!!
Entertainment capital of the world, we were lucky enough to see two shows: Lance Burton magician (awsome) Jos specially like this one one of his dreams was to see a magic show in Las Vegas. The second one was a 'must' Folies Bergere a typical Las Vegas state show...
All the girls in their glitz and glamour! And the boys weren't bad too : )

The casinos were the size of a shopping centre, you could easly get lost in them as we often did. Each and everyone of them a different theme, shops, restaurants and entertainment.
A lot of the free entertainment was great to see; from lions to moving statues, the mind boggles, it can be a little bit over the top at times, but hey...anything is possible in Vegas (sin city) !!!
Our hotel The Luxor, one of them ...it was amazing!
We had no luck on the tables or machines, many people get sucked in. Vegas takes gambling to the next level...
Good thing about it was the FREE DRINKS all night while you are playing!!!!!!

We checked out the great outlet stores and did quite a bit of shopping, yeh yeh!
Food wise: BUFFET is the way to go....Americans are junk food junkies and it all comes in BIG sizes!! And please don't talk to me about COFFEE.... STARBUCKS suck!! All thru Europe and South America not a worry, best coffee everywhere you look ...here SHIT HOUSE...!

We waited 4 months for it thou it finally happend: the weather here was cold, so one early afternoon out from the sky came that white dust everyone calls "SNOW".
First time in 10 years its happened in Vegas and we were there!!
No words to discribe it ...just beautiful...We were yelling, screaming and dancing in the streets and locals were telling us : ONLY IN LAS VEGAS BABY : )

That big hole in the ground had to be visited, day tour to one of the 7 natural wonders of the world 'The Grand Canyon'. When you stand at one of the look outs it seems as if its a huge canvas painting and you feel so small. One of the most amazing things your eyes could see.....

As for the norm for The Nobregas a huge night out at a retro club; the band they had there was great, played a few aussie songs and we went off! To be expected...just doing our country proud!

Adios Las Vegas, until we meet again.....
Off to our last pit stop!!!!!!!!!!








Additional photos below
Photos: 31, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Hover DamHover Dam
Hover Dam

On our way to the big hole...


Tot: 0.239s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 63; dbt: 0.0559s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb