Hmm...Vegas...


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
January 19th 2020
Published: January 20th 2020
Edit Blog Post

Hmm well, they say that you’ve gotta experience it once...so I’m glad it’s done. Can’t say that we’ve relished the Vegas experience, despite seeing two fabulous shows. The whole atmosphere is...um, hard to put into words...weird, tacky, fake, over the top...just not really my kind of place. Part of what makes it unappealing is the masses of people everywhere...I sort of get why people would like it, but I’m not one of them!!

But we always came here for the shows - Tournament of Kings and Cirque du Soleil ‘O’ and they were both fantastic! We were in the ‘Dragon’ section for T of K, so we had to cheer for the baddie - the whole experience was interactive, from eating medieval food with our hands (surprisingly Eloise hardly ate, despite the constant challenge to get her to use cutlery with every other meal!), to the battles between the knights on their horses. Not to ruin the ending, but predictably, good triumphed over evil and our guy lost, but not before an epic battle involving horses, dragons, fire...and a couple of open-mouthed children.

Tonight’s show was vastly different in tempo and audience participation - visually spectacular and overwhelming - we just didn’t know where to look, there was so much going on. The performers used a gigantic pool in the middle of the stage to spin, dive in, over and around, it was amazing to watch.

Alas, with the nighttime shows, we had to fill the days somehow so we ventured to the casinos to have a bit of a look - Circus Circus was fun with the arcade games and Eloise and Geoff loved the roller coaster at New York New York. The Venetian was just plain weird (but the gelato was about as expensive as St Marks, but not as good), The Flamingo a little random, but we enjoyed the fountain show at the Bellagio. I was less enamoured by the offer of a $2 examination from the ‘self-taught gynaecologist’ on the corner...unfortunately I had to pass him twice on my very very successful shopping mission! At least I managed to inject some serious cash into the economy without a cent passing a pokie!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.208s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0757s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb