Scary rides in LA...and Disneyland!!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Los Angeles » Anaheim
January 22nd 2020
Published: January 22nd 2020
Edit Blog Post

The thrills, the spills, the near-death experiences, the brown pants and the shut eyes...yes, we’ve survived the LA freeways!! After that, the rides of Disney seemed quite tame, definitely less chance of dying!

We decided to treat the girls to one last lesson in the marvels of science and stop by Hoover Dam in our way out of Vegas. Geoff remembered a small snippet of one of the few lectures he attended...something about cooling techniques for the curing of the concrete in the dam (I was clearly at the pub for that one)...they were suitably wishing we would shut up.

Then we hit the road. Longest and scariest drive so far, and quite a lot of holiday traffic...so glad it happened at the end rather than beginning of the trip! But we made is safely, dropped off Tank (a little late) and tried to subdue two very excitable children to get a decent sleep before our Magic Morning start.

Got into Disney in good time and nailed two of the girls’ highest priorities first up - Space Mountain and Buzz Lightyear...obviously great for them, and Eloise got her roller coaster fix early in the day, but also important for our sanity, so we could go ahead and enjoy the rest of the day without constant requests!!

Managed to tick most of our boxes - Splash Mountain, Pirates (not as scary as when I was 6!!), Thunder Mountain, Indiana Jones...I even managed to get Beeb on the Matterhorn by telling her it was just a “baby roller coaster”...unfortunately she sat behind me on the ride and made her feelings about my negotiation skills known, at volume, throughout. But by the end, she actually wanted to go on Thunder Mountain and is considering a return trip to the Matterhorn tomorrow...so a pretty successful day all round I’d say!!



Advertisement



Tot: 0.147s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 15; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0774s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb