6/21/13 - Vassar, MI to St Ignace, MI - Bronner's visit along the way.


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Michigan
June 21st 2013
Published: June 26th 2013
Edit Blog Post

6/21/13 - Pulled out of Ber-Wa-Ga-Na Campground headed to St Ignace, MI.

Along the way we stopped at Bronner's Christmas Wonderland. Amazing place! Open 361 days a year. Has a very "Christmas" theme with many beautiful displays outside and it is lit up a night. (would have loved to see that, but not enough to stay over another night) The building is larger than a football field and filled with any and all kids of Christmas decorations for sale. Here Aleta bought her a new lamp for the motorhome. After leaving here, we stopped at the Dead Creek Saloon for lunch. Really good food and all the popcorn you could eat.

Crossed the Mackinac Bridge. This bridge is the largest suspension bridge east of the Mississippi and like second in the world, or something like that. This is a tollbridge. While crossing the bridge, the bin door for the generator came open, what fun :-). Stopped at the tollbooth and Aleta jumped out and closed it. The picture of Dakota standing up looking down out of the windshield is so she could look through the grated part of the bridge and see the water below. On the right side of the bridge is Lake Huron while the left is Lake Michigan.

Pulled into Tiki Campground in St Ignace at 6:15pm, when we asked Carl what time the closed, his replay was 6:00pm. He was very pleasant and fun to talk to. Nice park, small, but very nice and just down the street from the docks for the ferry to Mackinac Island. Mackinac is pronounced Mackinaw as the "c" is silent. Also, this is a PA park.

Went to the Driftwood Restaurant for supper - Briar = crablegs, Kota = shrimp fettucini, Aleta = grilled shrimp, Shelby T = fish, Jack = shrimp, and Barbara = shrimp. After supper, a short stroll to the ice cream parlor finished the meal.


Additional photos below
Photos: 43, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.045s; Tpl: 0.021s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0191s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb