6/22/13 - St Ignace - Mackinac Island


Advertisement
Published: June 26th 2013
Edit Blog Post

6/22/13 - Got up today and took the Shepler's Ferry to Mackinac Island. About a 15 minute ferry ride. Aleta, Dakota, and Briar rode up top, but Shelby T stayed inside out of the wind. Arrived at Mackinac Island and first walked the streets a bit. There is not gasoline/diesel or powered vechiles allowed on the island. Trucks will take a ferry ride over, but must be unloaded on the docks into a "dray" wagon pulled by horses for delivery on the island. The only conveyance is bicycle or horsedrawn carriage. The taxis are also horse drawn.

The next stop was at the Haunted Theatre. Dakota left her face imprint in the middle of my back and wanted to take the emergency exit when we came to it. I really enjoyed this attraction. Next we hiked up to Fort Mackinac and took in a music of the era demo, a marching and musket fire on the commons, and strolled around a bit before heading back down. We then took the carriage ride around the island at $25.00 per person. Aaron was our driver and pointed out a lot of interesting things on the island. The tour lasted about an hour or a little better.

We then bought some shirts, some fudge, and headed back to the ferry.

Had cubed steak for supper.


Additional photos below
Photos: 73, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



28th June 2013
HPIM1990

??
What is that?

Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0473s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb