Back in the US, back in the US, the USofA


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Maine
October 22nd 2012
Published: June 21st 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 44.5328, -67.5989

An ample breakfast, more chatting with our hosts in Alma a nd we were off again. So far we have driven about 3,400 miles). But it was a quicjk trip into Fundy National Park and we were soon out of the car again to embark on the first of three walks, one to a waterfall, one to a beach, and one to Caribou Plains (no Caribou and no Plains but plenty of trees, a peat bog and Beaver ponds - but no beavers)
Then South toward the Canada/USA border with stops at the 'La Crloix' monument - the little island in the La Croix river which was the first Frence settlement in 1604 - there are monuments both in Canada and the USA on opposite banks of the La Croix river which marks the border. And a stop in the little town of St Andrew shortly before the bordder, it was billed in the guidebook as a major resort - but it was mostly closed, we did get a great ice-cream though!
And with the sun dazzling us as we drove to our next little town/overnight stop at Jonesport and the Harbour House B&B wshere we do indeed have a stunning view of the Harbour. But Jonesport is right out of restaurants so we stopped at the Pizza take-away to order our pizza on our way to the grocery store to pick up wine, and chocolate brownies, and salad, collecting our pizza on the way back. High living!


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Strange timbers on the 'beachStrange timbers on the 'beach
Strange timbers on the 'beach

Big sand on this beach


Tot: 0.141s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 15; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0478s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb