Wyatt Earp, Doc Holliday and the Kribs Boys


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Kansas » Dodge City
July 3rd 2019
Published: July 4th 2019
Edit Blog Post

We rolled into Dodge City on a hot, dusty afternoon. The streets were empty because the citizens of this fair city knew that something was going to happen. All the usual suspects were drinking in the Dodge Hotel. The Kribs boys were hungry and decided to eat dinner at the "I don't care" bar...you know, "where do you want to eat? I don't care." Wouldn't you know that two stools down at the bar was Black Bart and he was in a fighting mood. Someone was going to end up at the Boot Hill Cemetery tonight. Where's Wyatt Earp when you need him?



He's long gone and the Kribs boys would have to fend for themselves. They didn't come to Dodge City with malice in their hearts, but if anyone else was going to start something, they would finish it. They didn't ride 320 miles to be pushed around by the likes of Black Bart. As luck would have it, they ate their salads and Bart figured that a couple salad eaters were not to be messed with.



Anyway, that might have been how it would have gone down 100+ years ago. Nowadays, we were
Emporia Veterians MemorialEmporia Veterians MemorialEmporia Veterians Memorial

The town that originated Veterans Day.
just tired and hungry so found a place to grab a little dinner. Tomorrow we want to check out the Boot Hill Cemetery here. I'll let you know what famous person or persons are buried there.



On our trip from Paola to Dodge City, we stopped in Emporia, KS to see the veterans memorial there. Emporia is the town that originated Veterans Day in 1953.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



4th July 2019

Old West
Appropriate pre-holiday visit . Say Hi to Doc Holiday .
4th July 2019

Veterans Memorial looked really interesting, and now I know where Veterans Day originated. A great trivia question.

Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0367s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb