Heyburn, ID to New Meadow, ID


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Idaho
May 25th 2010
Published: May 26th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Tuesday 25 May 2010---We left Heyburn, ID on a bright sunny day, after deciding to take a back road, US 30 up to Hagerman. Our goal was to get to Hagerman before noon, where we were interested in seeing the Hagerman Fossil Beds National Monument. We stopped at the Ranger station, only to find it’s closed on Tuesday and Wednesday---however, they had their stamps and information outside in a wooden box, so Charlie and I got to stamp our Passports. Just past Hagerman, we crossed the Snake River again and saw several small waterfalls.

A little way down the road, we got back up on I- 84. We stopped at a rest area and ate lunch. Our travels took us through Boise, ID where we picked up another back road, 55. We followed a beautiful stream full of rocks north to McCall, ID, where we had planned to stop for the night at the Ponderosa State Park.

On the way to McCall, we saw three men kayaking on the river, where Gena took some pictures.

Charlie called to see if we needed reservations at Ponderosa SP, and was told “no, just come”. However, once there, we found out due to the snow a few days ago, the park won’t open until Thursday this week. So, we kept on heading north and found another campground in New Meadows, ID. We were greeted by a very small red fox at the entrance of the campground.

Kerry is busy getting our dinner going on the grill---we do eat well. Tomorrow we keep going north to Spokane, WA and more adventures.



Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

The Gate GuardThe Gate Guard
The Gate Guard

This is the little Red Fax that met us at the Gate to Meadow RV Park in Meadows, ID


27th May 2010

wow
You have already seen so much, done so much, that I wonder how you will be able to continue seeing what is yet to come. Stay safe, enjoy.
31st May 2010

Hey, we just got home from the cruise and read your blog....sounds like you are already having a great time!!! Great photos. Wish we were with you! Oh well, next time!! Have a great time and a SAFE trip!! We will love getting your blogs so we can live vicariously through them!!! Hope all went well in Asheville. Love, Vivian and Paul Mike Cain said Hi to you all (as well as a lot of others!!)

Tot: 0.239s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 50; dbt: 0.1042s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb