Vernal, UT to Heyburn, ID


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Idaho
May 24th 2010
Published: May 25th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Magees leading the wayMagees leading the wayMagees leading the way

Going through Daniels Pass 7980ft in a snow storm
Woke up to a dreary looking day. Got off by about 8:30. About 9:30 we stopped for a break and saw a Greyhound bus with snow packed on its front end. We then drove over a 7900 ft pass in a snow storm. The roads were clear and we had no problems - - just took it really easy going down the back side of the pass. The scenery was really pretty because of the snow. We went through Salt Lake City on I-80 out to Exit 104 where we got off to get a good look at the Great Salt Lake. Glad we did that because we didn’t get a good look from anywhere else we went. Saw the Olympic Village as we come down out of the mountains into the Salt Lake Valley. Got to Heyburn, ID about 6 PM and stopped at a city run RV Park that is really quite nice. It is on the banks of the Snake River. Tomorrow we’re headed to Blake, OR where we may stay for two nights - - using the day between the nights to drive a long scenic highway that takes us along the west rim of Hell’s Canyon.
Strawberry  Lake, UTStrawberry  Lake, UTStrawberry Lake, UT

Noticethe swan up and to the right of the pickup - - we didn't know it was there until we looked at the photo on the computer
It is supposed to be one beautiful highway.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0483s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb