Slappy Cakes and Ziplining fun!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Hawaii » Wailuku
June 14th 2021
Published: June 15th 2021
Edit Blog Post

We started our early morning with a much-anticipated family fun breakfast trip to Slappy Cakes where you can make your own pancakes on the grill at your table! This place made the kids very happy in the morning, which was needed after a rough night of sleep for everyone plus now that Steve has a cold that Tory and Rosie have had already. At the pancake restaurant, you can pick a regular or chocolate batter and whatever toppings your heart desires. In this case, the kids obviously wanted sprinkles, chocolate chips, pineapple, and butterscotch chips, in addition to the specially made coconut syrup at the table. It was certainly an entertaining breakfast for the kids so we bought "Slappy Cakes Maui" t-shirts for Steve and Nathan. We were able to pick up some supplies from the Times Supermarket and head back to the room with a happy but sugared-up crew. The kids wanted to go to the pirate ship pool area to swim and play on the playground, meanwhile, Nathan played mini-golf with Tory and then shuffleboard with Grandpa Jerry. Tory and Nancy took the girls up to the room to have lunch and nap while Steve, Nathan, and Grandpa Jerry did some more of the big green slides.

Nathan, Tory, Granpa Jerry, and Nancy all left for ziplining at the Maui Tropical Plantation in Wailuku. Nathan followed along on the GPS and counted down the miles until they got there while asking 1,000 questions about everything. Steve stayed behind while Vivian and Rosie napped and then came over to catch the end of the ziplining and get a video of the final zipline over a lake. Tory said Nathan was a little nervous as they stood on the first platform with the windy day and wanted Tory to hold his heavy harness for him. He ended up doing all 5 ziplines, getting stuck on one of them, and didn't get scared and was much braver than Steve ever was at 7 years old! After the zipline we explored the plantation while the ducks scared Rosie but Vivian wanted to pet them. We also saw a cool field of pineapples and took a picture with the pretty mountains in the background. We tried dinner at Wei Wei Cafe and Noodle House in the heart of Wailuku and it was ok but the kids were getting worn down, so the 45-minute drive back to the resort was pretty rough with crying kids. They were all happy to be back as Vivian noticed our rainbow license plate and got very excited. Hoping for a good night's sleep so we can look refreshed for our photoshoot in the morning.


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

Garbage Truck PancakeGarbage Truck Pancake
Garbage Truck Pancake

Nathan made up this one
Nathan with Grandpa and NancyNathan with Grandpa and Nancy
Nathan with Grandpa and Nancy

At the Maui Tropical Plantation before ziplining
Rosie making pancakesRosie making pancakes
Rosie making pancakes

A football and princess crown
Pineapple fieldPineapple field
Pineapple field

At the Maui Tropical Plantation before ziplining
Rainbows!Rainbows!
Rainbows!

Vivian noticed a rainbow on the license plate and got excited
Pineapple field closeupPineapple field closeup
Pineapple field closeup

At the Maui Tropical Plantation before ziplining


Tot: 0.227s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0872s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb