Picture day and 5 hours in the pool at Nanea!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Hawaii » Kaanapali
June 15th 2021
Published: June 17th 2021
Edit Blog Post

Cute VivianCute VivianCute Vivian

She was getting in Daddy's face asking "Again?!" after everytime down the slide
The day started right as the kids slept better and enjoyed waffles as we all got dressed up for family pictures on the beach at our resort. The photographer, Jef, was referred by our old neighbors Brandon and Melissa, did a good job by having the kids playing and all of us working for an hour on the beach. We did the photoshoot at 7am so there would not be any wind and there are some great photos to pick through with Hawaiian island, outrigger canoes, palm trees, and the beach in the background. After the photoshoot, we changed into bathing suits and went over to the other Westin resort "Nanea" to swim and play at another pool. The kids loved the sandy pool that had a water slide and big rock turtles to climb on, in addition to a fun water gun area in another pool. Vivian got tuckered out from a long morning and Steve carried her back to the room as a jogger made a funny comment about how heavy the backpack he was wearing was compared to Vivian. She proceeded to nap for 3 hours, while in the meantime Nancy brought over cheese and crackers for everyone, and Nathan and Rosie stayed with Tory to play more. They met some kids and helped keep them entertained for 5 hours at the pool along with finding some shaved ice at the resort hotel to keep them happy.

Back at the room the kids all ate dino nuggets and chips and got cleaned up while Nathan made up a football game to play in the room with empty plastic bottles because that boy never runs out of energy. The 5 of us went out to Pizza Paradiso for dinner as Jerry and Nancy went shopping and were on opposite schedules. The kids didn't eat much pizza but had no problem with the Dole whip for dessert, which kept up their plan to have ice cream or something sweet every day on vacation! We walked around to a local store and let the kids get one souvineer each. Nathan and Rosie choose Leis while Vivian chose a Hawaiian ABC animal book and two turtle magnets. The shopkeeper was amazed when Vivian took the command to only pick one present and proceeded to put the two turtles back without crying. Steve picked up a coffee mug and surfboard magnet with a Hawaii girl on it (Rosie liked it) and Rosie did a great job not getting upset when she saw a cute sandal magnet that she wanted but knew she couldn't get. The day was full and we all went back for a good night's sleep with lots of more memories to make on the trip.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.161s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0732s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb