Slappy Cakes part 2 and La Haina visit


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Hawaii » Maui » Lahaina
June 16th 2021
Published: June 17th 2021
Edit Blog Post

We decided to go back to Slappy Cakes again for the kids to make pancakes because they love doing it so much, this time with Jerry and Nancy. Then we made a quick drive up to Kapalua to see the golf course before heading back to the room and getting ready for a fun day at the resort. We all went out to the beach to play in the sand and ocean with whatever the kids came up with. Nathan wanted to build a volcano of sand with Steve and Vivian that would erupt, while Rosie swam as much as possible in the ocean with Nancy and Tory. The girls came up with a fun idea to lay on their bellies pretending to be mermaids as the waves came and crashed on them, then Nathan joined in the fun. For the second day in a row Vivian hit a wall after an hour and a half of hard beach playing and Steve carried her up to the room to nap, it is hard being 2-years old when those waves and undertow knocks her over. Nancy was able to stay in the room with Vivian napped so Steve could meet Tory, Nathan, and Rosie by the pool. However, Tory had to go out to try to get something for Steve's ear infection, but the debrox he tried didn't work and we later found it he had swimmer's ear. The kids had dino nuggets and Steve and Tory had sushi for lunch before the kids took baths to get ready for the afternoon out in downtown La Haina.

The Reef Dancer submarine was our next excursion, which we arrived 10 minutes before departure time. It was a scorching hot day and inside the submarine was not much different, which added to a lackluster submarine ride that involved seeing only a few fish and 1 turtle while the scuba divers only brought a few sea urchins up to the windows but nothing exciting. The girls had some interest in the seashells at the end and Nathan and Grandpa Jerry at least enjoyed being in the submarine. We walked down to Kimo's for our reservation and then Steve had to leave to the Urgent Care to get checked out and get antibiotics/steroid eardrops for his swimmer's ear. After reconnecting, we stopped for shaved ice for the kids as Nathan of course wanted blue raspberry, Rosie copied him but added red to it so there was some purple mix, and Vivian wanted hers to look like the picture on the booth. We headed back to the room for bedtime after a long, hot day of fun to look forward to a few more days on our Island vacation.


Additional photos below
Photos: 28, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Eating pancakesEating pancakes
Eating pancakes

Not much left and Vivian loved the sprinkles
Daddy/VivianDaddy/Vivian
Daddy/Vivian

Her eyes were closed


Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0326s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb