Day 1 - Cabana by the Pool


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Hawaii » Kaanapali
June 13th 2021
Published: June 15th 2021
Edit Blog Post

There is nothing quite like waking up at 4:15am but realizing that you are in Maui and it is like a normal wakeup time in California. The kids were in a loud, wild mood so we had them watch TV and work together on a big sticker book of sweet ice cream and donuts while Tory made eggs for breakfast. We went down to Kaanapali beach where the sand was soft, the water was warm, and the family ran and splashed in the ocean while enjoying the views of two islands off the coast. Vivian ran away from the waves, Nathan was jumping over the waves, and Rosie was doing both plus falling into the ocean. Next, we went over to the main pool where we reserved a cabana for the day, and the kids relaxed and snacked for a little while in lounge chairs. Jerry and Nancy came down with perfectly times snacks of crackers, cheese, and turkey and we all swam for a little bit. Back to the room for the girls all to nap as Tory even snuck in a short one with Rosie.

After rests, we all headed over to the main Westin pool and found a green slide that Rosie and Nathan went wild on, Rosie's swim classes over the last year have paid off as she is almost completely pool safe! Vivian was dying to go on the slide too but was not tall enough so Tory and Steve took turns with squirt guns. Eventually, we saw someone else go down the slide with their baby, so we gave it a shot and they let Vivian go as she was happier than ever to be with her brother and sister! She wants to go "gain" (Again) every time she splashed at the bottom of the slide. After a few times, she didn't want to sit in Tory and Steve's lap anymore, so Steve let her go and she went down the slide by herself with Steve right behind her. That was as cute as Rosie's shrieking with joy the entire slide run down to the pool and Nathan's big smile as he tried doing different tricks. We ended the night with broccoli and a Costco Lasagna back at the room that Nancy helped get ready. It was a very fun first day out in the sun with beach and pool fun and we had much more to look forward to!


Additional photos below
Photos: 26, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 12; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0347s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb