Kym n Nik's Hawaiian Honeymoon Day 16 & 17


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Hawaii » Oahu » Waikiki
October 14th 2017
Published: October 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Day 16

Our last day in Hawai'i ? and I wasn't feeling the best. I was still swaying from the boat or the rum, couldnt really tell to be honest ? I was struggling so I packed the suitcases and had a shower. Kym was keen to go back to the Hilton and find their other pools, I wasn't keen on getting there but agreed, the pool would be nice.

The hotel next door had a sign saying Dole Whip which is a pineapple gelato (probably the best description for them) They were yummo and I felt a bit better. It also had a sign saying poolside bar 3rd floor... well that's just an open invitation to use their pool isn't it? ?

So we swam and I did feel better. Kym wanted to surf so he hired a surf board and I grabbed a body board and we headed back to the beach. The waves weren't that great plus there are so many rocks that it looked too dangerous to surf. The boat that we saw yesterday that was grounded was on fire and black and yellow smoke was billowing out of it. Will have to Google that when we get back to see what happened. We hung out on the boards about half a mile out of the shore, reminiscing on our holiday and thinking about the next holiday ?

Coming back into shore just before the sun set to watch it go down on our last night in Hawai'i, it wasnt a clear sky but sometimes it can be more dramatic. It didn't disappoint.

I felt way better by the time we got back to the hotel, better enough that when we got back I opened a bottle of pineapple wine. Yep wine made from Pineapples. I wasn't sure at first but it grew one me but then it got too much.

We were off again to see some bands in a cute little Irish Dive Bar. Nice ending to do the rock thing and see a few live bands. The night before we had met the drummer of the Sammy Hagar tribute band so we wanted to see them, they were great and we caught a bit of the Guns n Roses tribute band that followed. The singer was a chick and had a killer voice and the band wore Hawaiian shirts... only in Hawai'i ?

Unfortunately we had to leave early as we needed to be up at 5am for our flight home. Ho hum...

Day 17

Didn't sleep much tbh. It was an anxious rush to get there but we were fine. You just never know how long the TSA prescreen will take. It wasn't long this morning thank goodness.

Thanks Hawai'i for a most memorable honeymoon. ALOHA

The Robeys ❤


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0227s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb