Kym n Nik's Hawaiian Honeymoon Day 12


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Hawaii » Maui
October 13th 2017
Published: October 13th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Day 12

We were both quite red, too much sun the day before... My shoulders hurt where I caught the sun the most.

Another buffet brekky. The birds around the island, in particular, doves, sparrows and myna birds were everywhere, friendly and helping themselves to the buffet if the lids over the foods weren't down or if something had been spilled. The dining area was big open windows and doors for a view of the ocean so the birds could literally go anywhere.

Just before we checked out of the hotel we spent ten minutes enjoying the view from our lanai. We saw a sea turtle swim right at the front of where the ocean meets the shore and watched it make its way across, I was pretty excited.

We checked out but as we had a photo shoot we had to hang around the resort for a bit longer. It was a complimentary photo shoot for honeymooners with a 4 x 6 picture. After seeing the photographers over posed, slightly awkward photos we decided to wear matching outfits; Kym in a flamingo shirt and me sporting my new flamingo dress. We had fun being put into poses with a beach ball, looking and feeling awkward but finding the whole situation funny.

While we waited for the photos we lounged and swam in the pool for an hour.

We picked the most tacky photo we could find ?

A short drive to a stunning location called Honolua where we were going snorkelling next. You walked through what is known as chicken jungle... there are chickens everywhere and it was a jungle.. ? before being greeted by a picturesque lagoon like setting. I donned my mermaid tail as it has a mono fin and makes snorkeling easier than swimming without fins of any kind.

Although we were hoping to see a sea turtle we didn't. We did see fish we hadn't seen before on other snorkeling adventures. It was still pretty cool.

We made our way to our next accommodation, a condo air bnb. It was a room to sleep. No lanai, no airconditioning... just a room.. it was just for one night thank goodness. It was close to the beach.

We drove down to one of the beach parks (just a few minute drive) Kamaole Beach Park II in Kihei to watch the sunset and meet up with a friend of mine and go out for dinner. Moose Mcgillycuddy's had Taco Tuesday and I have to say they were the best Taco's I've ever had. Calamari, Kalua Pork, Shrimp, Ahi and a Mahi Mahi were what we tried along with a Pina Colada and some other cocktail we got in a tiki cup.

Chatting the evening away we had a great night.

The room was hot when we got back and we found it difficult to sleep. I was going to be tired the next day.






Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0263s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb