Day 1 - Kaanapali Beach


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Hawaii » Kaanapali
March 26th 2018
Published: March 28th 2018
Edit Blog Post

What's the perfect start to a vacation? Being woken up at 4 am for the day by your little darlings. It was all for the best as we had breakfast in the room and made it to the beach by 7. We were rewarded for our early morning efforts with a rainbow. Steve took Rosie back to the room for naps and Tory and Sue took Nathan to explore and find the pirate ship kids pool for lots of fun.


We had lunch in the room together once Rosie and Steve had rested and then Steve took the kids back to the pirate ship area and played on the neighboring playground. Rosie has NO fear and wanted to do the slides all by herself. Also, we confirmed that she is probably at least part duck. She quacks on command and prefers the water over land; we're waiting to see signs of webbed feet. Everyone headed back to the room for some play time there. Tory and Sue stayed with the little quacker to have her nap and Steve and Nathan left to make a candy lei necklace. After getting their fill of candy they went to build more sandcastle at the beach. Then they headed back to the room for showers before we made our way down to Whaler’s Village for dinner.

Whaler’s village was a shopping center on the beach that had a climbing play area and tons of stores. We had a great dinner at Hulu Grill while listening to a live performer playing his ukelele. Rosie liked swaying her head to the music. The restaurant is beachside and the dining tables are in coarse sand so Nathan was perfectly content playing with his trucks before and after he ate. After dinner Tory, Rosie and Sue did some gift shopping and Nathan climbed and ran around more after having some gelato. We went back to the resort and a good night's sleep for everyone. Another 7 pm bedtime for all.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.042s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0237s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb