Travel Day LAX to Kahului


Advertisement
Published: March 28th 2018
Edit Blog Post

On our way to the island of Maui!

We were picked up by our friend David. Nathan liked his limousine and he would like to ride in one all the time. We picked up Sue in Calabasas and then we’re off to LAX. One we were checked in we made a quick stop at the lounge club to grab a quick breakfast. Who knew there are huge underground hallways that connect the airport terminals? We were quite a sight running at full speed (Nathan in his jammies) to get the kids energy out. The flight went pretty well, Rosie had a short nap but the 6 hours to Hawaii isn’t bad when you are anticipating what is there. The only bad part was landing and waiting an hour on the tarmack for a gate, but our old neighbor Melissa made up for the delay by meeting us at baggage claim with a car seat for Nathan, instead of us having to drive to her house in Wailuku.

After a grocery stop at Target, we headed towards Kaanapali through green fields, winding ocean drives, and scenery you can only see in Hawaii. We enjoyed dinner at Maui Grill Kaanapali, a fun restaurant/sports bar at the Kaanapali golf courses, before checking in and going to our 2 rooms. The kids settled in, unpacked and cleaned up. It was more humid than we expected and we all looked and felt like we had flown for 30 hours. There is nothing better than a shower, clean hotel sheets and a 7 pm bed time when you’ve had a long day of travel.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.242s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 48; dbt: 0.1197s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb