Stayed in Saint Augustine for 10 days


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida
November 22nd 2013
Published: June 17th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 29.892, -81.3143

Nov. 25th, 2013 – We're in St. Augustine, FL

It's beautiful here….and I mean the town of St. Augustine. (I'm not trying to rub in the fact that we're in FLORIDA and the weather is ok too! I know that most of you have now had snow - Yuck!)

We left Fernandina Beach a day later than planned to wait out the wind and rain. So on Friday morning at 6:45am we dropped the lines from our mooring ball and arrived here on Friday afternoon at 4pm. The tides were in our favour most of the way. It was a warm day, and it turned out to be a very pleasant day.

On Saturday we thoroughly enjoyed a walk around town seeing the sights. It was a wonderfully warm day, and the sun was shining bright! On Saturday night, this town celebrated it's "Festival of Lights" which was pretty, but we are just amazed at the early Xmas decorations and celebrations (even before the American Thanksgiving which is only coming up this Thursday!)

We've signed on for a week on a mooring ball at the St. Augustine Municipal Marina. Yesterday was a high wind day, and we hunkered down on the boat
for the day. Today, it is lovely again - but we know that more weather is on it's way. Tony is trekking off today in the attempt to find a new anchor to replace the one we lost in Norfolk. Then we can return the borrowed anchor from our friends on "Pelican".

Not much else to report… We are getting into a groove and have slowed down our pace. On Saturday morning as we were enjoying our coffee outside in the cockpit, Tony exclaimed, "This is how it should be!" It was the first morning since we left Deltaville that it was so nice and warm with the sun just-a-blazing in the sky! So we are thankful to finally be down here and able to enjoy some days like that!

Thank you, again, to all of you who have sent notes and questions. We've been trying to answer them all, and I hope that we haven't missed anyone. We enjoy getting the news from each of you as well, so please keep your notes coming! It is very exciting to come ashore and find a bunch of emails waiting for us!

Oh, and if you haven't already switched to "vessel finder" to track us online, please do. Vessel Finder has not lost us yet on the trip down - but the track only stays visible for about 12-18 hours.

Love and kisses! xo


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.022s; cc: 10; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0457s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb