Key Largo


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida
March 1st 2016
Published: March 1st 2016
Edit Blog Post

We said goodbye to Tommy and Coral and headed out for a Miami anchorage. A fine time was had by all and the great hospitality was much appreciated. We stayed two nights at their dock and had a leisurely cruise around the islands with them followed by a nice chilli dinner.

We planned on anchoring at the old stadium in Miami but the weather was so nice we felt it was a good day to get through the large Biscayne Bay. It was perfect weather and a totally enjoyable 30 mile ride to Angel Fish Creek, in North Key Largo. We sat on our sun deck listening to music and watching the boats go by. Everyone was most courteous and slowed down past us! most unusual. We saw our first flying fish today. We have seen more Manatees than usual, along with a few alligators, on this trip.

Today we travelled a short distance to Gilbert's Restaurant in Key Largo. We are anchored in the same spot as last year. We took the dinghy ashore to purchase some gas and may return later depending on the entertainment. We can hear the music from here. They are not anchored boat friendly with the beach closed off by coral rocks but we can go to the closed off launch ramp. The price of fuel is more expensive here so we will go further south for that.

We will go in search of laundry facilities tomorrow, most likely at the Givernment Center.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.279s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.1127s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb