Miami


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States
February 28th 2016
Published: February 28th 2016
Edit Blog Post

We arrived at our friend's dock in Miami yesterday and are staying today Sunday in order to avoid the ICW boat traffic. We will continue our journey on Monday.

We had a nice happy hour with Tom and Coral last night followed by a pot luck BarBQue of pork tenderloin, baked potatoes and bean salad. The wind came up so we had to eat indoors. The cold front will lift after Sunday and temperatures should be more seasonable until the next front. It is good to catch up with old friends. Tommy is still recovery from a major stroke from 3 years ago and misses the boating. We were able to get him aboard today for a leasurely cruise around the islands. We went looking at all the mansions on Star Island where stars like Gloria Estavan have homes. These are billionaires as opposed to the millionaires where our friends are. A little hard for me to see the distinction.

We anchored in Hollywood last night on a very cool night. It was 59 degrees in the boat in the morning, brrrr. It was nice and sunny all day and quite comfy in the boat all day. We continue to glide past mansions, mega yachts and waterfront restaurants. It is nice to look into people's fine trimmed yards. So clean and orderly compared to Central America.

We are heading out tomorrow for an anchorage here in the city. We will go ashore and see if we can't see a little of the city on foot.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.179s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0756s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb