Key Largo


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida
March 3rd 2016
Published: March 3rd 2016
Edit Blog Post

Anchored at the Government Center in Key Largo, a boater friendly place.

We left Gilbert's yesterday and pulled up to the dock at the Caribbean Club where we unloaded our bicycles. I asked the bar tender if we could leave our boat there for a few hours and he said, no way the owner would let us do that. He said we could come in by dinghy for $10.00 a day. Good enough, we pulled out and anchored and had a nice breakfast on board. We got in the dinghy and went ashore and as we were going in to pay, the owner came out to tell us that they do not allow dinghies on their beach due to an insurance issue. She was none too friendly about it. Back to the boat we went to travel a few miles to this Government Center, also in Key Largo. This place has a nice dinghy dock that is free, it offers indoor washroom while the Center is open for business and garbage disposal. Great spot!

We walked back to the Caribbean Club to get our bicycles. We got on our bikes and stopped at West Marine and an other marine store looking for boat items, I really like these second hand nautical stores. We peddled four miles to Mother Ocean, a consignment marine store only to find out that it is closed on Wednesdays, not our day. The bicycle trails are wide and flat and in excellent condition so cycling is very enjoyable.

We stopped for a late lunch and back to the boat for dinner.

We went to Mother Ocean today and found what we were looking for. Jerry was able to bargain with the owner so all good. We then peddled over to meet our friend Laurren who lives on a boat here in Key Largo. Had a nice visit, met some of his neighbours and went out to Shipwrecks restaurant, with he and a lady friend! for lunch. A very enjoyable visit indeed.

Back at the boat for the night.

Tomorrow we will go in search of laundry facilities and an indoor/outdoor flea market.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.307s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.1891s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb