Another Florida Winter 2010-11


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida
April 2nd 2011
Published: June 3rd 2011
Edit Blog Post

We arrived at Mark and Heidi’s just in time for Halloween. This year, Alex became a brave fireman. We spent Thanksgiving and Christmas with them, too; and in February we kidnapped Alex for a few days to spoil him, just as grandparents should.

We spent time with Diane’s mom, too, and visited with other relatives at sister Mary Ann’s second home in Leesburg, now the gathering place for family escaping winter in Pennsylvania. We also visited Diane’s sister Debbie and her husband Dick, who also have a second home in Florida.

One of the highlights of Diane’s winter was learning to shoot a handgun. Taught by the local sheriff’s department, a group of 50 went to the gun range for a lesson and shootout. Diane was thrilled to get one bullseye (from 50 feet) and several within the inner rings of the target.

Alan became a pickleball fanatic and played several days a week. He became so enamored of the sport, played on a mini-tennis-style court with paddles and a wiffle ball, that he became an official Ambassador of the USA Pickleball Association.

Before we knew it, winter was over (no broken bones this year), and it
Grandma and AlexGrandma and AlexGrandma and Alex

Baking cookies
was time to head back to Texas.



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Good FriendsGood Friends
Good Friends

Laurel's birthday party, with Bill and Patty
Family VisitFamily Visit
Family Visit

Diane, Mary Ann, Mom Julia, Aunt Rita D'Angelo


Tot: 0.259s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 15; qc: 67; dbt: 0.1507s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb