South to Florida - Fall 2010


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States
November 6th 2010
Published: June 1st 2011
Edit Blog Post

Carol and TedCarol and TedCarol and Ted

In front of their lovely home
Arriving in Pennsylvania, we learned Diane’s cousin Virginia had passed away after surgery. They were two years apart and used to get into trouble together as youngsters. She left us way too soon. The silver lining of that tragedy is that we were able to visit with some of Diane’s relatives whom we hadn’t seen in a long time.

We spent a week with sister Carol and husband Ted at their home in Waynesboro, PA. Interesting that Alan was born at Waynesboro Hospital, where Carol and Ted worked before their retirement. Small world…. Ted took the two of us on a driving trip to Gettysburg, where he played Civil War Historian and told many interesting stories on the way over. We really enjoyed our visit, and Carol is a fantastic cook!

Next stop was Richmond, VA for niece Missy Neff’s wedding to Stephen Gould. This was our first time meeting him…somehow the other times we were in town, he was away at school. He is a super guy, just graduated from law school, and the two of them are sure to become a power couple in Richmond.

Charleston, SC was next. In a convoluted story, son Stephen’s girlfriend
Missy and StephenMissy and StephenMissy and Stephen

Couple's first dance
Karen has a sister who was about to marry a Charleston guy. Our plan was to see Stephen and meet Karen for the first time sometime during the weekend. Well, Stephen arranged for us to be invited to the wedding. We felt a bit like interlopers, but were warmly welcomed by the Roberts clan, a Charleston family with all the requisite Southern charm.

Back to Florida for winter 2010-2011.




Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Brothers and SistersBrothers and Sisters
Brothers and Sisters

Morning after the wedding
Kerry and BoKerry and Bo
Kerry and Bo

Lovely Charleston wedding


Tot: 0.237s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 16; qc: 73; dbt: 0.1185s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb