Visitors from Germany


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Tampa
April 6th 2008
Published: April 6th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Withlacoochee RiverWithlacoochee RiverWithlacoochee River

All was still and green as we paddled down the river. It was fairly early and I believe we were the first canoe out.
Hello everyone!

I just said good-bye to Niels and Maike who are headed to Treasure Island near St. Petersburgh. They were here for 2 nights to recover from their problematic trip from Germany. They missed their connecting flight to Miami, while they were in Washington DC. They were held up by immigration lines and that is how the problem occurred. They had to stay one night in Washington DC without their luggage.

We had a wonderful 10 mile canoe trip on the Withlacoochee River yesterday. The weather was nice, not too hot and the river wasn't too buggy. We saw 4 small gators on the river as well as many birds and turtles. We even saw one large soft-shelled turtle who was missing a front leg. (A nice turtle like that, you don't eat all at once!) As soon as we got back to the house in the afternoon we got a lot of rain and the air has been nice and cool. Everyone went to bed early, my friends were jet-lagged and my shoulders are sore from paddling.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 15; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0241s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb