Day 29 - Disney's Animal Kingdom


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Orlando
October 8th 2016
Published: September 4th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Tree of LifeTree of LifeTree of Life

The centrepiece of Disney's Animal Kingdom
Geo: 28.5377, -81.3774

Animal Kingdom is kind of like a big zoo and we explored the Jungle Trek and Forest Exploration and went through Africa and Asia. It is lovely and shady for a hot day. The Tree of Life is the centre piece and is magnificent.

We did the Kali River Rapids which was very cool and a bit of water on a hot day didn't hurt. That was great fun. Cruised around some more and then did the
Met Mickey and Minnie 😊
Met the Chipmunks

Jungle River Cruise and Ella got to drive the boat.

Kilimanjaro Safari - fantastic.
Kirsten was keen to see the Festival of the Lion King before leaving, and wow, what a show.

Rides were real cruisy, but fun. Decided to head back to Epcot and try our luck on the Test Track before heading to Magic Kingdom for the night.

Made it to Epcot (transport around the parks is easy once you work out how it works and where to go). Doing the Test Track..... AWESOME.. and Kirsten and Jodie's car out performed Ella's and Graham's car by 2 points, going to show that looks don't count for much.

Decided to partake in some food from around the world
AfricaAfricaAfrica

Looks awesome. Part of the Animal Kingdom
and found a viewing spot (difficult when you don't understand what you're about to watch) for the Illuminations. Yep, decided to stay for the end at 10pm.

Illuminations is a combination of fireworks and laser show to music with the addition of a magic 'world' lit up which I could never manage to explain, but it was a very beautiful sight and we're glad I stayed for it.

We bought the Disney package for photos, so the official photos will have to wait until we get home.



Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

Festival of the Lion KingFestival of the Lion King
Festival of the Lion King

I didn't expect it to be this spectacular, but it was. Gave me goosebumps.


Tot: 0.037s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0182s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb