The Skinny from Stan & Tanya


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Orlando
January 5th 2010
Published: June 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 28.5383, -81.3792

Hey Stan--like the title? Skinny...Stan...Tanya...all in one sentence. Thing is, they really are. Tanya looks about 12 and Stan? OK, Stan maybe 20. How fun to be young and gorgeous.

We had a fun evening chilin' out with chili dogs and good company at the Squirrel Cottage--their home's name-- in Winter Park.

This is an interesting group. Since Tammy's in Israel, she decided not to come --it's a little far for dinner 😉

So we have two of Nancy's three daughters and their families here tonight.

Tanya and Stan give financial CPR to failing but promising businesses, Ryan's a pilot flying all over the world-- and Erica gets to be mom to two of the cutest little girls ever.

Then there's Leslie and Doug who head out Friday for Haiti to give away 10,000 shoe boxes full of toothbrushes and soap to destitute school children. One of their many such trips --some building churches, some building relationships-- to places as diverse as Romania, Israel and Kentucky. And all to teach teenagers how to give.

And that makes me think of the good Shawn & Teresa are doing in India. Impossible country--impossible poverty.

Then there's us. We travel. We don't give out shoe boxes or visit orphanages--we travel. We try to understand different cultures and I like to think we're promoting understanding as we try to learn their language, but is that enough? Shouldn't travelers do more?

I think of he hymn: Have I done any good in the world today? Have I helped anyone in need? Have I cheered up the sad or made someone feel glad? If not, I have failed, indeed.

Today let's do more.

Today, just for today, let's all get out there and do something good for someone we don't know. It isn't trite when you think about it--maybe it should be. Maybe doing good for strangers should be so overdone it becomes old hat.

oKAY. This is going to be fun.

Ready...set...GO!

I




Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.036s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0186s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb