Orlando - Don't Forget To Wear Suntan Lotion!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Orlando
May 10th 2005
Published: August 21st 2005
Edit Blog Post

ducksducksducks

Cute ducks at Festival Bay Orlando
Good Morning!

It is 7:35am.....April and I are getting ready to visit several of Florida's "natural" attractions: Silver Springs Park, Blue Springs State Park, and Spook Hill (a place where your car travels uphill without it turned on or your foot on the gas or steering wheel -- people have been trying to figure out how this works for years and hey, its free....lol). We wanted to do something "different" today -- something we have never done, so it should be fun!

Yesterday was a relatively quiet day. We had a lot of work to do, so we ended up not leaving our hotel room until close to 1pm. We went to Orlando's Festival Bay Shopping/Entertainment Complex. They have two of our favorite stores, Hilo Hattie Store of Hawaii and Ron Jon's Surf Shop. On the way inside we spotted the cutest family of ducks and baby ducks. They were having a great time in the pond. The little ducks were soooo cute. I love all animals, so I could've watched them all day!

We stopped at Fudrucker's for a quick lunch. This chain is kinda an upscale version of a burger joint. You order at the counter
ducks2ducks2ducks2

More Festival Bay Ducks!
and they bring your lunch to you. The design of the place was cool and the prices low, so it was a good choice. I got a small hamburger (no bun thank you..lol....) and April tried their Southwestern garden burger, which she said was great (just like the ones you buy at the market).

After lunch we walked around the HUUUUUUUUUUGE complex. We were going to go to the show, but since April has free passes to the AMC at Downtown Disney we decided to wait, plus we were having fun just browsing the shops and walking.

When we left Festival Bay the temp in our jeep read 94 degrees!!!! WOAH! It was actually 84 out and actually, not bad at all -- but the heat in the car really hits you! But I would take sunshine ANY day over the cold rain that fell over the weekend up north.

Back at the hotel we decided to rent the movie Hitch with Kevin James (King Of Queens) and Will Smith. This movie was AWESOME! It is such a cute romantic comedy. I recommend it to everyone. Will & Kevin are both excellent in it and it has
crock1crock1crock1

April sure showed him!
a GREAT meaning.

After the movie we did LOTS of work, made phone calls etc., and before we knew it, 24 was on -- April's FAVORITE show. We watched that and at 10pm decided to go to CityWalk. The stained sock puppet was dying to go out and play. He was acting up all day, so we decided to give in.

After the peaceful boat ride across the harbor, we arrived at CityWalk. Instantly the stained puppet sock wanted it's picture taken. Luckily it was a Monday night and "kinda" quiet, so we were able to give in and take some pictures of the stained sock. He was very unruly and started taking a panic attack when he realized how big the Universal Globe was, so we calmed him down and shoved him back in our bag. We think the stained puppet sock needs anger management!! LOL!

We had a late dinner at The Hard Rock Cafe (BLT for me and cobb salad for Ape). After a couple of bites I was full and tired so we got our food to go and headed back to the room. Before I knew it, I had fallen asleep! 😊
fuds1fuds1fuds1

Interior of Funrucker's at Festival Bay orlando.


The weather today is going to be great.....low 80's and lots of sunshine. I can't wait to see the beautiful crystal clear lakes at the parks mentioned above.

Until then....

Happy Travels!

Des & Ape


Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement

desrondesron
desron

Here I am outside of Ron John's Surf Shop!
ApepalmApepalm
Apepalm

April's daydream!
apegreenhairapegreenhair
apegreenhair

April, never the shy one, makes a new friend at, where else but the SOCK SHOP! Woah...
pic47pic47
pic47

Looks like stained sock puppet got hungry while we were shopping!
pic56pic56
pic56

View of outside sitting area at Royal Pacific Resort.
pic60pic60
pic60

View of Royal Pacific Lobby.
sock65sock65
sock65

Stained Sock Puppet was tired so he sat down while we looked around.
sock68sock68
sock68

Stained Sock Puppet's favorite movie was Titanic, so he loved this display!
sock70sock70
sock70

Stained sock puppet put up a hissy fit because he wanted to dine at Emeril's Tchoup, Chop restaurant!
sock69sock69
sock69

We looked everywhere for Stained Sock Puppet and found him trying on this shirt.
pic07pic07
pic07

Later that night we went to CityWalk.
pic13pic13
pic13

Stained Sock Puppet was very happy!
pic17pic17
pic17

The mist from the Universal Globe scared sock puppet!
pic10pic10
pic10

He tried to jump over the edge!
pic16pic16
pic16

But we saved him! He did look like a foot sock puppet for a while though -- poor little guy!
2121
21

Stained sock puppet then took off and headed to Emeril's Tchoup Chop lounge to meet a secret admirer he met over the internet! Stay tuned for more!!


Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.021s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0198s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb