Day 48 - Orlando, Florida


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Orlando
October 29th 2011
Published: October 30th 2011
Edit Blog Post

So today, our day trip to Orlando was planned. Matt came to pick me up from my hostel at around 11am, and we headed out of Miami on the way of a three-hour road trip.

As we drove along, we pumped up Kesha, Lady Gaga and Katy Perry music, our three favourite female artists. This made the trip go by very quickly.

We got to Orlando at around 2:30pm and entered Universal Studios. The second one I've been to, after the one in Los Angeles. We couldn't actually enter the theme park until 6:30pm though, because our tickets only covered us for Halloween Horror Nights, an event taking place once a year.

So in the meantime, we spent time walking around the city-walk just outside the park. We did some shopping and bought some gifts for two of our best friends over in Europe. They're massive fans of Harry Potter, so we saw fit to buy Harry Potter-related stuff. They had quite a variety here.

We had some food at the Hard Rock Cafe before heading into the park at 6:30. Here we were, free to enjoy the night for the next four hours or so. This ought to be interesting, and scary, Halloween is a good time of the year. Matt said one day, he would go, and now is the time.

There were five haunted houses in the area which we could walk through, all very similar to the House of Horrors in Los Angeles. This was the main thing that we would have the time for, although we did go on one regular ride; the Mummy ride, which was exactly like the one in LA, but a little bit better. I need to go on a proper roller-coaster one of these days.

We checked out the remaining haunted houses, all of different themes. It was like being in a horror movie, you would have people dressed up in monster outfits jumping out at you from behind dark corners, and it was a great deal of fun, especially with Matt. He was super scared and I was laughing my ass off. The last haunted house was themed after 'The Thing', and that was awesome, especially after having seen the movie. You'd get alien figures jumping out at you.

It was a great day, one to be remembered for sure. We headed back to Miami not too long after having dinner, and arrived at my hostel at 2:30am. I should meet up with Matt again tomorrow; he had to cancel his night at the hostel, because it just wasn't working out for him.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.107s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0501s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb