Our last full day in London


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Orlando
June 23rd 2007
Published: June 23rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

It's 8 p.m. London time on Saturday night and once again Lee and I are NOT ready to party hardy, but rather will be looking for a quiet pub and a good meal. We have had another full day with the morning and early afternoon spent at the Globe Theatre and Exhibition (and in over an hour's traffic jam at Trafalgar Square) and then another bus ride and cab ride to Elizabeth and Reade Griffith's home in Notting Hill Gate. We spent close to three hours with them catching up and sharing stories and then took the tube back to Victoria Station. We walked the several blocks "home" and now are regrouping.

There are several places we didn't quite reach this time, but we will put them on our list for our next visit.

Charles Chaney, our host for the next week, called this morning and will be picking us up at the hotel around 10:30. Then it's off to Buckinghamshire for 6 days. We are very pleased to be seeing these fine people again and know that we will be sightseeing quite a lot. A trip to Stonehenge and Shapespeare's birthplace and a castle or two are on the horizon. We also will be doing some "Rotary" things as this will be Charles' last week as District Governor. We are going to attend his black tie farewell dinner and dance next Thursday. I'm sure it will be an outstanding affair.

Hope everyone has ended the week well and that you'll have a brilliant week-end. I love it when the Brits say "brilliant" in place of phrases with so additional words.

Take care. Love you. Mom

Advertisement



24th June 2007

Fun time
Sounds like you guys are having a lot of fun.

Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0396s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb