Home


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » New Port Richey
November 9th 2003
Published: September 22nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Arrived at home to find a phone call from owner of Paper Moon. Pete told son John all about Paper Moon. (John is one of our kids, number 4 of 5). Including the part of Mom hated it and had nothing good to say.
John then starts on Mom, but Mom Dad wants this boat. NO, NO, is like buying a hull, and then rebuilding it. NO end of story. We have a good boat, Zoo, and we have rebuilt it, everything is done on this one, we don't need another boat to start with, or the expense, or have the time to start on a new one. NO.
Well dang, Pete says CALL THIS MAN. I want to talk to him.
It was ugly....Mom and Dad....ugly...son John saying but Mom...
You ever tackled 2 guys.....Mom lost this battle.
Call was placed to Martin Johnson, present owner of the boat. Both of us listen on the phone to what Martin had to say. He told us he had a medical condition, macular degeneration, and therefor he could not sail anymore. He said his wife had passed away, and had remarried. He told us about what he had done to Paper Moon since he owned it. It was in the Chesapeake for many years where he used to live. He had it trucked to Ana Maria and put back together...We hung up, and a heavy duty discussion ensued, with John going but Mom... and Pete saying set up a sea trial....


Advertisement



Tot: 0.151s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 62; dbt: 0.049s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb