Heated discussion


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » New Port Richey
November 12th 2003
Published: September 22nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

A couple of days went by, some heated discussion kept ongoing...Pete said again, set up a sea trial. Well, when Pete speaks in that tone of voice....Pete said set it up, let's see what a surveyor has to say.
Maribel called around, their usual surveyor had just moved to Colorado. Finally found one near Sarasota. Set up a sea trial for Nov 19. Martin told us he wanted to take the boat to Light House for a bottom job. So this would be sea trial.
Maribel wanted to back up the boat from slip and helm it awhile, wanted to check prop walk, etc. Full keel usually has a bunch of prop walk. This proved to be true.
While underway, a rain storm comes up, Martin said he didn't want the sails up.
Finally arrived at the Marina. Boat was haul out. Did not find any blisters.
Surveyor gave it a possibility, but basically agreed with Maribel that it needed a lot of work. Pete sat and watched while surveyor and Maribel went around the boat.
Maribel came up to Pete saying is only a hull you would buy. Pete says: " I want". End of story there...hard headed man sometimes.
So off to lunch we go with Martin and his wife Katherine. Martin finally broaches the subject of the price. Maribel and Pete had spoken during the car ride, if we are to buy this boat....An agreement was finally met on the price. We gave him a deposit, and said we would be back with rest of money by Dec 17 or so. We did agree that Martin would pick up the tab on certain repairs including the much needed bottom job. Martin had sent the cushions out to be recovered.
Pete and John were ecstatic on the way home, Maribel was in denial....

Advertisement



Tot: 0.203s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 15; qc: 58; dbt: 0.098s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb